Deanna Pepe presented for the WNEA in February on the subject of Public Speaking. We were all impressed with the powerful performance she gave while also teaching us how to stand up and tell the world about our business.
“According to most studies, people’s number once fear is public speaking. Death is number two. Can that be right? Does that mean, as Jerry Seinfeld once said that if you go to a funeral, you’re better off in the casket than doing the eulogy?
Public Speaking is a conversation. It’s all about the audience.
Some tips for Public Speaking are:
1. Ask a question.
2. Make a pro or con comment.
3. Use quotes, stories (yours) and anecdotes (someone else’s).
4. Scan the audience – left to right, to calm down.
5. Never be word perfect. You are not reading a script, you are being the best you will be.
6. Rehearse! Your reputation is at stake, so rehearse and you will leave a good impression.
Always end with a call to action, it’s why you are there right? ”
Deanna is a member of the organization Toastmasters. This group is always open to new guests and members to come and learn how to give the best presentation you can.
Havasu Toastmasters meet every Tuesday, at 6:30pm at :
Mohave County Library
1770 McCulloch Blvd
For questions please call
President Evangeline Johnston 928-412-4737
Vice President Deanna Pepe 928-302-1420
Vice President-Membership Alfredo Luna 928-846-9047